Marcus Foster has added another date to his upcoming tour in the USA. Sept 23, 2012 he will be playing The Magic Bag. This is an 18+ show. Tickets are $15 and we have our fingers crossed for a sold out show! Get your tickets now while they still have them!
Thanks to Katie for getting the entire set!
We are currently looking for people that are interested in Street Teaming for the upcoming Marcus Foster shows. So far a handful of shows have been posted. We are pretty sure that others will be coming. If you're interested in helping show your support for Marcus. Please fill out our form page. Thanks!
MMF is proud to confirm that Marcus will be supporting the tremendously talented Michael Kiwanuka on the following USA dates:
September 18, 2012 - New York, NY - Webster Hall
September 19, 2012 - Boston, MA - Paradise Rock Club
September 20, 2012 - Philadelphia, PA – Trocadero
And it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that he's not flying all the way over for just those dates! We have it on pretty good authority that the Foster camp is working on more dates in other parts of the USA. *cough* headline shows *cough* Perhaps some often ignored cities? Maybe even some exclusive private gigs? You never know. Stay tuned for details... but for now grab your tickets to these ones before it's too late. Available on Ticketmaster. Links are all available on Michael's page.
Get your T-Shirts NOW!! All previous store merchandise is 50% off NOW!! Discounts will show up during checkout.
Marcus Foster has been keeping himself and his band very busy this summer by playing all of the hottest Festivals in Europe. Below are just some of the videos that fans and the Festivals recorded. Big THANKS to all for the videos.
Bushstock - June 2 & 3, 2012
AppleCart - June 3, 2012
Naked Song Festival - June 16, 2012
Bushmills - June 21, 2012
Winner of our Trivia contest is.... Julie D. Congrats Julie!
Honorable mention to Sara, Lisa, Cee, Karin & Esthela.
Thank you all for playing along. We'll do it again!
1) What brand of acoustic guitar does Marcus play and which sponsored brand did he play for at one of his SXSW appearances?
ANSWER: He typically plays a Martin, but he played a Gibson (Hummingbird) at the SXSW Gibson showcase.
2) How many copies of the recent EP were made, and where is the only place you can still buy get one?
ANSWER: 1000 were made during the 2012 US Spring Tour. A few remain only available here on www.musicmarcusfoster.com
3) Name three music festivals that Marcus played in this month (June 2012).
ANSWER: Several acceptable answers here. He was pretty busy. Some are Applecart, Hops Farm, BushStock, Naked Song Festival and Bushmills..
4) Where did the Nameless Path album tour start, and who supported Marcus there?
ANSWER: As posted by Marcus himself on his blog on his website Nov. 2011: Glasgow, supported by Emily And The Woods and Sam Beer.
5) What is happening at 2:38 of the official Shadows Of The City video?
ANSWER: The man is throwing a snowball at the machinery.
6) What is the name of the track Marcus performed on the first Communion compilation and how long did it take them to cut it in studio?
ANSWER: Circle in the Square, about three hours. (Quote from Marcus on the For Folk's Sake interview linked from MMF site.)
7) Who did Marcus describe as, "A great asset to the team" in talking about producing the Nameless Path album?
ANSWER: Jack's dog, Bolli! Bolli was shown and discussed in the "Behind The Scenes at Rockfield Studio" video that is available on Marcus's website.
8) What three colours were Marcus's first tour shirts available in?
ANSWER: White, Pink, and Green. (There were in fact blue ones available too but they sold out very early on.)
9) What is the name of the only track Marcus has released as an instrumental?
ANSWER: The Last House - released on the US Limited Edition EP.
10) Which three songs did Marcus perform outside an old abandoned factory on a gorgeous sunny day. What was special about the other people there?
ANSWER: Shadows of the City, Don't Need to Lose You to Know, Solid Ground. There was a wedding party taking photos there. (From the Our Vinyl video and article linked from MMF.)
Which three songs did Marcus perform outside an old abandoned factory on a gorgeous sunny day. What was special about the other people there?